Analysis and Research
- APA Format: Purdue University's Online Writing Lab Guide - An exhaustive resource for all things APA, including a model paper.
- MLA Format: Purdue University's Online Writing Lab Guide - An exhaustive resource for all things MLA, including a model paper.
- 20 Most Common Writing Errors and How to Correct Them
- AAAWWUBBIS: Writing complex sentences
- Agreement: Making Subjects and Verbs Agree from Purdue OWL
- Agreement: Using Pronouns Clearly from Purdue OWL
- Exercise Central Tutorials
- Grammar Girl: Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing: A GREAT resource if you are fuzzy on a few skills! Available as a short daily podcast.
- Grammar Workbook - Grade 9: Save a copy of this to your iPad.
- Grammar Workbook - Grade 10: Save a copy of this to your iPad.
- Grammar Workbook - Grade 12: Save a copy of this to your iPad.
- Handbook of Definitions and Rules: I would suggest saving this to your iPad for off-line reference.
- Punctuating Compound Sentences: 4 Suggestions
- Punctuating Conjunctive Adverbs: Do you like to use "however" between two complete sentences? Learn how to punctuate it.
- Purdue OWL's Guide to Grammar
- Basic Business Letters: OWL
- Business Letters: Accentuating the Positives
- Business Letters: Revision Assignment: Go to the first link on this page ("The Rhetoric of the Business Letter") and read the information there first. Then, click on "Sample Bad News Business Letter" written by Max O. Fentz. Rewrite the letter so that the tone is appropriate based on what you have learned about business writing on OWL and this site.
- Memos (OWL)
- Proposals: How to Write a Project Proposal - A good overview of proposal writing
- Proposals: Planning and Organizing Proposals and Technical Reports (OWL) - There's a lot of information here. Page 7 offers information about proposals.
- Revision in Business Writing
- Tone in Business Writing